Crab Cake Stuffed Colossal Shrimp and Portobello Mushroom Caps.
Have you ever ordered Stuffed Shrimp in a restaurant and been totally disappointed because the stuffing was dry, greasy, or tasteless? I have, and I didn’t appreciate it. Have you ever ordered Crab Cakes and they had so much breading that you couldn’t taste the crab? I have and I didn’t appreciate that either.
Come on, let’s make this dish that has the perfect blend of ingredients, tender, perfectly cooked shrimp, and juicy crab-filled stuffing dressed in Garlic, Wine, Butter, Parsley, and Shallots to bring it all together. This is one of those dishes that will make you proud to serve it to your family and friends. They will boast about your cooking skills for decades to come.
- 12 U4 Shrimp, cleaned and deshelled. Leave the tail on.
- 6 golf-ball size mushrooms, cleaned and de-stemmed.
- 1/2 lb of cleaned crab.
- 1 Egg.
- 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise.
- 1/2 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard.
- 1 Teaspoon Worcester Sauce.
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay.
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice.
- ¾ Cup Bread Crumbs.
- Optional Hot Sauce to taste.
- ⅓ cup Parsley, divided.
- ½ cup of Chardonnay Wine.
- 1 medium-size shallot, thinly sliced and chopped.
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1 stick of butter.
Using a glass oven-safe dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently butterfly the shrimp so they lay flat on your prep station.
- Blend the egg, Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Worcester Sauce, Dry Mustard, Old Bay, Lemon Juice, Bread Crumbs, Parsley, and optional Hot Sauce together in a bowl until well mixed.
- Gently fold in Crab Meat and mix ingredients together.
- Scoop a large tablespoon of mixture and tuck it into the shrimp cavity and cover with the tail fin.
- Make 12 ping-pong ball size balls out of this mixture.
- Use the balance of the mixture to stuff the mushrooms.
- Garlic Wine Butter Sauce.
- Using a medium-size saucepan, add butter, garlic, wine, parsley, and shallot together and stir.
- Cook over medium heat until the butter has melted and the shallots become translucent.
- Pour about a Tablespoon of the mixture over each stuffed shrimp and mushroom.
- Adding about 1/4″ of the mixture to the bottom of the pan for the shrimp to cook in.
- Place shrimp dish in the oven on the middle rack.
- This dish cooks in about 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the size of the shrimp.
- Watch it closely for the shrimp to turn pink and don’t overcook them.
- Serve hot with toasted baguettes.