Countess Shannon’s Signature Italian Sauce
1 lb Ground Sirloin Hamburger (80/20 or higher).
1 lb Italian Sausage (homemade or high-quality brand name sausage).
1 lb sliced mushrooms (Portobello, cremini, shiitake mushrooms work best). Saute the mushrooms to remove excess moisture, drain and discard liquid.
1 small to medium onion, chopped finely.
3 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped.
3 32 oz cans of high-quality Tomato Sauce
1/4 cup of Italian Seasoning.
1 teaspoon of Sage
1 handful of fresh Basil chopped coarsely.
2 teaspoons Thyme
2 teaspoons Oregano
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon of Pepper.
- In a large pot, combine and cook the hamburger, sausage, and onion until fully cooked and browned.
- Drain mixture to remove excess liquid and discard.
- Add sauteed mushrooms and garlic.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add Italian Seasoning, Sage, Thyme, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, and Basil.
- Stir well to combine and bring to slow boil, immediately reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Simmer a minimum of 2 hours stirring every 20 to 30 minutes.
Magnifique ~ Bon Appétit!!!