Mahi-Mahi with Black Beans and Tomato over Baked Romaine
A fast and healthy lunch or dinner that takes minutes to prepare has an incredible combination of flavors that you and your family will really enjoy.
- 2 4-6 oz pieces of Mahi-Mahi, skinned, washed and patted dry.
- 1 large head of Romaine lettuce, washed, shaken dry and cut in half lengthwise.
- 1 Heirloom Tomato, rough cut into medium-size chunks.
- 1 can of Black Beans.
- 4 oz. Mozzarella Cheese.
- 3 oz. Parmesan Cheese.
- 2 teaspoons of Chicken Seasoning.
- 1 Tablespoon of Capers.
- 6 artichoke hearts, chopped.
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter, divided.
- 7 Tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided.
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper to taste.
Preparation of Romaine: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake between 10 and 15 minutes depending upon the size of the Romaine Lettuce.
- Wash Romaine Lettuce thoroughly and shake dry.
- Cut Romaine Lettuce in half lengthwise and remove growth stock by cutting into a “V” 1 1/2″ up the stock.
- Spray or brush a liberal amount of Olive Oil over and into the lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle Chicken Seasoning over and into the lettuce leaves.
- Combine chopped Artichoke Hearts and Capers together and fold into lettuce leaves.
- Work the Parmesan Cheese into the lettuce leaves.
- Cover the lettuce leaves with Mozzarella Cheese.
Preparation of Black Beans
- Using a small pan, warm Black Beans and set aside.
Preparation of Mahi-Mahi
- Using a medium-size pan with Medium to High heat, add 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- Melt butter and let it begin to brown before adding Mahi-Mahi.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK the Mahi-Mahi. Remove Mahi-Mahi when it is still slightly pink inside.