This is a simple, yet delicious recipe for organic Banana Bread. My daughter, Gabriella has been making this bread with her mother for years. They use the small Pampered Chef ® bread pans so they can give away a few loaves of bread to neighbors and friends. There’s always a big appreciative smile when they bring a warm banana bread to someone.
I love my piece of Banana Bread hot and topped with cold cream cheese the best! ~ Bon
This Banana Bread makes the best Banana Bread French Toast in the world. You better double-up the recipe for that one though. LOL
INGREDIENTS:Makes enough for 2 regular loaves or 4 half loaves.
- 4 large farm-fresh eggs, organic makes a difference.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature and preferably organic.
- 6 large or 8 small bananas, (organic. Yes, it does make a difference!)
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
- 4 cups flour, sifted.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda.
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel bananas and mash together in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add eggs and sugar and beat to blend.
- Add butter and combine until smooth.
- Combine bananas into the mixture, blend together well.
- Add sour cream, salt, and baking soda and combine.
- Using a sifter, sift flour into mixture and combine.
- Spray bread pans with PAM® cooking spray (if you’re not using Pampered Chef ® pans, you may need to spray your pans with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour to avoid sticking.)
- Pour mixture into each pan. Leave 3/4″ from the top edge.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Test with a toothpick in the center of the bread. When the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.
Warm and topped with ice cream.
Use to make Banana Bread French Toast.