Homemade Granola Bars or Homemade Granola Breakfast Cereal.
Homemade Granola Bars are an excellent choice for a healthy and quick breakfast or a simple anytime snack. Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, honey and a splash of apple juice, they have just enough sweetness to add a spark of energy to your life. Homemade Granola Bars are a tasty treat and a favorite go-to for many active families. Put one in a plastic bag and put it in your purse or school backpack for a great afternoon treat. Make them with the kids and let them add some of their favorite dried fruit to the mixture. The possibilities are endless and your family’s appreciation will be abundant!
After cutting up my batch of Homemade Granola Bars I put the crumbs in a cereal bowl, broke up one more Homemade Granola Bar into little chunks, added milk and I enjoyed the best breakfast cereal I ever tasted! Next time I’m making an extra batch just to enjoy as Homemade Granola Breakfast Cereal!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes. Servings: 24.
- 6 cups of Rolled Oats.
- 4 Tablespoons real butter, melted.
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup honey.
- 1/4 cup apple juice.
- 1/4 cup molasses.
- 4 teaspoons organic Vanilla extract.
- 1 cup Rice Krispies.
- 1 cup of Cocoa Krispies.
- 1 cup of wheat germ.
- 1/2 cup Pecans, finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup Almonds, finely chopped.
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, butter, oil, and salt.
- Using 2 cookie sheets, spread mixture into a thin layer on each pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Stir the mixture around and cook an additional 10 minutes until the beginning of golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325-degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, molasses, and apple juice.
- Heat the mixture slowly and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Add vanilla and combine.
- In a large bowl, toss together the toasted oats, the Rice Krispies, Cocoa Krispies, wheat germs, pecan, almonds and combine.
- Pour in the sugar base mixture as you combine all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Now you have a very sticky mixture.
- Line a lipped cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray or brush with butter to cover all sides and bottom.
- Pour the mixture onto the cookie sheet and spread to all corners.
- Using a spatula, or rolling pin, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, compress the mixture with slight pressure to compact the mixture.
- Place in 325-degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing with a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- Bon Appetit!!!