Homemade Shrimp Fajitas
Homemade Shrimp Fajitas are so delicious and can be made in about 20 minutes. A delightful combination of peppers and onions with the perfect blend of spices. This classic meal is perfect served up in tortillas. You can also add your own blend of toppings to make it your own creation. It’s the perfect meal for a busy family since the fajita mixture can be made in advance on the weekend and kept in the refrigerator for a few days for a fast and healthy meal during a hectic work week. This versatile dish can be made with a variety of meats, seafood, and poultry. If you do have leftovers, chop it up for a delicious addition to a morning omelet. Two awesome and delicious meals in one!
Prep Time: 10-12 minutes Cook Time: 10-12 minutes Servings: 6 people with good appetites!
- 1 lb 41/50 raw shrimp, shelled and deveined.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin.
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime, halved.
- 1 package of 20 6″ flour tortillas.
- Fresh cilantro for garnishment.
- 1 can Black Beans, optional garnishment.
- 1 can Refried Beans, optional garnishment.
- Sour Cream, optional garnishment.
- Shredded cheese, Mexican-Blend optional garnishment.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the peppers, onions, shrimp, salt, pepper, spices and olive oil.
- Using a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or aluminum foil, spread fajita mixture evenly on the pan.
- Place in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until peppers are slightly tender.
- Using a small non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat, cook each tortilla on both sides until slightly browned. (about 30-45 seconds per side.) and set aside.
- Remove the fajita mixture from oven.
- Turn the fajita mixture over on the baking pan.
- Turn the oven to Broil and return the fajita mixture to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the fajita mixture from oven and apply freshly squeezed lime juice over fajita mixture and top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve fajita mixture on warm tortillas.
- Garnish with your favorites: Black Beans, Refried Beans, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, or salsa. Bon Appetit!!!