Delicately fine-cut prosciutto wrapped around mozzarella and fresh basil topped with a cherry tomato and a black olive drizzled with a balsamic reduction. Super fast and easy to make with an explosion of flavor!
- Prosciutto, sliced paper-thin at your deli. DON’T buy pre-packaged prosciutto.
- Fresh Mozzarella, pre-sliced or sliced 1/2″ thick.
- Fresh Basil leaves, washed, and stems removed.
- Small tomatoes, grape, or cherry depending upon your preference.
- 1 can of whole Black Olives.
- Alessi Traditional Balsamic Reduction.
- Lay the prosciutto on a clean, flat surface.
- Beginning at the longest outer-edge of the prosciutto, lay two Basil leaves stem to stem.
- Cut a slice of Mozzarella in half across the width part.
- Top the Basil leaves with a half slice of Mozzarella cheese.
- Starting on the load side of the prosciutto, gently roll the prosciutto over the Basil and Mozzarella to form a roll.
- Cut each roll in two to make two bite-size rolls and put a toothpick to hold the rolls together.
- Cut the tomato in half and place one half on the toothpick.
- Cut a Black Olive in half and cover the tomato.
- Place the rolls on a display tray and drizzle with the Balsamic Reduction.
This can be made a few hours in advance and refrigerated, but wait to drizzle the Balsamic Reduction until ready to serve. Bon Appetit!