Baked garlic bulbs in olive oil with a little salt and pepper for an amazing spread for garlic toast, garlic shrimp and so much more. Spreads like butter, taste like a little bit of heaven!
INGREDIENTS: Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 6 large bulbs of garlic.
- Extra virgin Olive oil.
- With a sharp knife, cut off the top quarter of each garlic knob.
- Using small oven-safe glass bowls, put one garlic knob in each dish.
- Pour Olive oil over each garlic knob making sure to cover the entire surface of the knob generously. You want the knob sitting in the Olive oil.
- Put a pinch of salt and pepper on each knob.
- Bake on the center rack placement in the oven until roasted to your liking… about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- With a small fork, pierce each clove of garlic and remove the garlic clove from its sheaths.
- After all the cloves of garlic have been removed from their sheaths, remove any remnants of the sheaths from the Olive oil and re-introduced the garlic cloves to the olive oil.
- You can leave the cloves whole or mash and blend them with Olive oil to make wonderful spreadable garlic butter.
- Bon Appetit!